February 14, 2008

My Funny Valentine

Happy Valentine's day to everyone. I hope that you all have a special day and that you take the opportunity to remind your kids and Hubby that you love them (of course we do that everyday, but today we have license to go overboard). I don't like to buy into the commercial aspect of the holiday, though I'm not going to turn down roses ;-), but there are some fun and inexpensive ways to make the day a little special and fun to celebrate our love for our families. My favorite thing to do for my girls for any time of the year is cut their sandwiches with a large cookie cutter in a special shape. I only do this on special days so that it stays fun and exciting for the girls. Today, it is a heart shaped peanut butter and chocolate sandwich. Some of the best cookie cutters I have found are from Wilton at most major stores such as Target, Wal-Mart and Michaels. They usually have a set that includes various sizes of the same shape so you can go crazy with different sized hearts made of everything from Cheese to sandwiches. And cookies too, of course!!
Do you have any fun and inexpensive suggestions for Valentines day treats??

No comments: